Housing Assistance has launched a 100% online application for rental and mortgage assistance that enables clients to complete one application form to access multiple financial assistance programs. We have over $1,500,000 available to distribute to qualified, year-round residents including:
- RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition);
- ERMA (Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance);
- Homebuilders of Cape Cod Fund;
- Town specific funds;
- And our own Workforce Housing Relief Fund;
Housing Assistance is the regional agency providing access to state and local assistance funds. We have trained intake staff working remotely with clients to determine the programs that are the best fit for that client’s particular situation, and help clients navigate the systems that are already in place.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Insurance is ending, and the eviction moratorium may be ending soon. Many people who have never had to ask for help, need help now. The good news is that there is also legislation in front of the governor that will authorize more rental assistance funding into our region.
We are a relatively small region in year-round population, but if we stand together, we can ensure our community gets our fair share. Housing Assistance is advocating for funding for the entire Cape and Islands region and demonstrating to our representatives that we have region-wide solutions that efficiently and effectively serve people whose housing is in danger today!
We are asking for your help spreading the word:
- If you know someone who needs help with rent or mortgage, tell them to contact Housing Assistance today. Call 508-771-5400 or email [email protected]. Or share this link to our streamlined online application: Housing Assistance Corporation Online Rental and Mortgage Assistance Application
- Please share this Facebook post and this Instagram post.
- For more information about eligibility for all the different assistance programs already in place, go to haconcapecod.org/programs/homeless-prevention/ .