Weather guidance shows a high potential for a significant snow event starting Monday evening and ending on Wednesday. With a forecast of strong winds and heavy wet snow on Cape Cod, there is a high probablity of wide-spread power outages. With that in mind, the REPC will have the following six regional shelters staffed and ready to open on Tuesday with the opening time dependent on the course of the storm.
- Falmouth High School, 874 Gifford Street, Falmouth
- Sandwich High School, 365 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, Sandwich
- Barnstable Intermediate School, 895 Falmouth Road, Barnstable
- Dennis-Yarmouth High School, 210 Station Avenue, South Yarmouth
- Cape Cod Regional Technical School, 351 Pleasant Lake Avenue, Harwich
- Nauset Regional High School, 100 Cable Road, Eastham
The Barnstable County Incident Management Team will activate the Multi-Agency Coordination Center (MACC) at 4 p.m. on Monday.
To learn more about the six BCREPC regional shelters visitwww.bcrepc.org/sheltering/shelter-map/
For information about preparedness visit the Barnstable County REPC website at www.bcrepc.org
Follow the BCREPC on Twitter @bcrepc.
Additional information on preparedness is available from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) atwww.mass.gov/mema or the FEMA website at www.ready.gov or call 2-1-1. For specific local information, citizens should contact the emergency management office in their town.