The Big Fix-a-Thon is an annual event that supports the impactful work of Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) in three ways:
- Raising much-needed funds to enrich and enhance HAC’s existing services.
- Providing assistance to veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners with clean-up, landscaping, and small home repairs.
- Offering a meaningful hands-on experience for volunteers on the day of the event.
Applicant registration for our 11th Annual Big Fix-A-Thon in Orleans is now open! If you are a veteran, senior, and/or disabled homeowner in Orleans, please complete the application form and return it to Romy Maimon at either [email protected] or HAC’s Big Fix at 460 West Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601. The deadline to apply is Friday, August 7.
To comply with federal, state, and local advisories in response to COVID-19, this year’s event will be simplified:
- Limiting Big Fix Homes in the Town of Orleans to 10 max.
- Limiting 10 volunteers per Big Fix Home.
- Limiting volunteer projects to only outdoor projects, with rare exceptions of licensed contractors doing indoor
- Once volunteer capacity is reached, people can still fundraise online and support Housing Assistance’s mission while also passing along special benefits to the Orleans homeowners.
WHEN: Saturday, October 3, 2020
WHERE: The Big Fix Homes are located in the Town of Orleans and Virtual Big Fix Fundraisers will engage online.
BIG FIX HOME APPLICANTS: Applicants must fit into at least one category of either a low-income senior, veteran, or disabled homeowner in the Town of Orleans to participate. Click here to view the Big Fix Home application.
BIG FIX VOLUNTEERS: All volunteers, whether assigned to a Big Fix Home or a Virtual Big Fix Fundraiser, must register online. All registrants will also be mailed a Big Fix 2020 T-shirt or buff.
REGISTRATION DETAILS FOR BIG FIX VOLUNTEERS AND VIRTUAL FUNDRAISERS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MONDAY, AUGUST 3RD.
QUESTIONS? If you have additional event-related questions or are interested in sponsoring the Big Fix, please contact: Deanna Bussiere, Event & Resource Coordinator at [email protected] or at 508-771-5400, ext. 270.