Where to Stay in Orleans
When you’re ready for a good night’s sleep, Orleans has a variety of accommodations to choose from including luxurious hotels and resorts, unique bed and breakfasts, quaint inns and quiet beach cottages.
Full Lodging List
Bed and Breakfast, Guest Houses and Inns
Motels, Hotels and Resorts
Cottage and Vacation Rentals
The ‘Inn’ Crowd – From the 2017 edition of Truly Orleans
One thing you won’t find in Orleans is hotel chains… and we’re proud of that. Among our many superior lodgings are historic inns that add character, charm and even a bit of mystery to your stay.
A short walk from the beach in East Orleans, Nauset House Inn (nausethouseinn.com) started life as a farmhouse in 1810 and has been family owned and operated since 1982. Surrounded by 100-year-old apple trees, 14 guest rooms – nine in the main house – are tastefully and artistically trimmed with period furnishings and details like hand-painted furniture, floral stencils and trompe l’oeil walls. Guests relax in a large, comfortable commons room leading to a brick-floored dining room with open hearth and beamed ceilings.
The cozy Parsonage Inn (parsonageinn.com), an East Orleans B&B, dates back to the 1770s but has been completely restored with modern and original features, including gorgeous 240-year-old pumpkin pine flooring.
Eight guestrooms have their own unique ambience, from romantic and peaceful to warm and bright. A short drive away from Nauset Beach and within walking distance of dining and shopping, the Inn is open year-round.
Built in 1820 by one of the founding fathers of the town, Freeman Snow, the Ship’s Knees Inn (shipskneesinn.com) has been lovingly preserved and serves as a peaceful haven for travelers from around the world, with rolling green lawns, colorful gardens and seating areas with Adirondack chairs and hammocks, not to mention Nauset Beach a five-minute walk away. Suites and deluxe rooms include private baths and all the amenities of the modern world.
Heading down 6A toward the rotary, it’s impossible not to notice the distinctive Old Cape façade of the legendary Orleans Waterfront Inn (orleansinn.com). With a history that starts in 1875 and a reputation that may or may not include ghosts, the property sits right on scenic Town Cove and boasts outdoor deck dining along with an indoor dining room overlooking the water. Guests can sit and enjoy the view or join in such activities as kayaking, fishing and biking.
Accommodations range from beautifully appointed guestrooms to spacious waterfront suites featuring pull-out sofas and dining areas.
Note – the Inn can help arrange and provide customized menus for weddings and receptions.
Overlooking one of the prettiest spots on the Cape – South Orleans Beach – A Little Inn on Pleasant Bay (alittleinnonpleasantbay.com) is designed to catch the breezes and views of the bay, with bright, airy lounges and rooms with bay or garden vistas.
Offering nine unique rooms with private spa bathrooms, this elegant bed and breakfast also has its own dock and beach.
Here’s a historical footnote: The main house of the Inn dates back to 1798 and according to research might have served as a hiding place for slaves traveling on the Underground Railroad.
An 18th-century sea captain’s inn forms the heart of Olde Tavern Motel & Inn (oldetavernmotel.com), set in the hub of Orleans shopping and dining. Comfortable motel rooms filled with extras like extended digital cable and friendly, personalized service make this a favored spot among repeat guests. Two B&B-style rooms are on the second floor of the historic main building.
Cape Cod the way it used to be is what you’ll experience at Cove Bluffs Inn (covebluffsinn.com), located just beyond the Orleans rotary in Eastham. Warm and whimsical, with rooms and suites reflecting the rustic charm of a cottage, the Inn is set in a pine grove minutes from the beach and close to biking and hiking trails as well as historic quaint towns with unique shops and restaurants.
Choose from three one-bedroom suites or five studio suites, all with full kitchens. Meanwhile, a winding “lighthouse” staircase leads to four cozy traditional rooms on the second floor of the Inn, each with a king bed and flat-screen TV.
Room at the Inns
Charming accommodations in Orleans also include a variety of inns and hotels offering lovely décor, premium amenities – including free WiFi and in many cases, complimentary breakfast – and proximity to shopping, dining, lush preserves and the beaches.
- The Cove Motel (thecoveorleans.com). Welcoming travelers for more than 40 years, this landmark waterfront hotel is right on Town Cove and boasts a variety of room types, some with kitchenettes and private decks overlooking the water.
- Eagle Wing Inn (eaglewinginn.com). Newly updated in Eastham, with 19 rooms, a beautiful breakfast area, free bike rentals and easy access to Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Governor Prence Inn (governorprenceinn.com). The Cape Cod Rail Trail runs directly behind this five-acre property in the heart of Orleans to its sister property near the rotary, Seashore Park Inn (seashoreparkinn.com), the only hotel in town with both indoor and outdoor pools. Both properties offer a wealth of onsite and in-room amenities.
- Nauset Knoll Motor Lodge (nausetknollmotorlodge.com). Overlooking scenic Nauset Beach and the Atlantic, Nauset Knoll is about as far east in East Orleans as you can go. All 12 rooms have picture windows facing the ocean.
- Rodeway Inn (rodewayinnorleans.com). Centrally located and moderately priced with a king-sized pool, Rodeway also specializes in weddings, groups and reunions.
- Skaket Beach Motel (skaketbeachmotel.com). Situated directly off Highway 6, with standard rooms, efficiencies and deluxe rooms that can be combined, making it ideal for families and couples traveling together. Skaket Beach is minutes away.
- Viking Shores Motor Inn (vikingshores.com) in Eastham is just over a mile from Nauset Light Beach and Coast Guard Beach, both part of Cape Cod National Seashore.
In addition to inns and hotels, spacious cottages, apartments and vacation rentals in Orleans let you spread out in comfort and privacy. They’re great for couples or friends traveling together, family reunions and other special events. Check them out at orleanscapecod.org; click on ‘cottage and vacation rentals.’