Two-Week Look Ahead Starting November 9, 2020
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes site excavation.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes site excavation.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Starting on Monday November 9th at the intersection of West Road and Old Colony Way will be moving south toward Route 6A installing gravity sewer.
- Main Line Crew 2: Starting on Monday November 16th at the north end of Old Tote Road will be moving south installing gravity sewer.
- Traffic Delays/Detours: Traffic detours are scheduled for West Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. From Monday November 9th to Friday November 13th the intersection of West Road and Old Colony will be closed to all thru traffic. Access to West Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Skaket Beach Road or Route 6A, north or south of the West Road-Old Colony Way intersection. Please check with the detail officer located at either side of West Road for best access. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
Note: Crews will be working on Veterans Day (Wednesday)
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.