The contractor has revised the two-week lookahead schedule for this week. Work will now begin on Route 6A (near West Road) on Wednesday March 17th.
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, and placing concrete for columns and walls.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes forming the supported deck of effluent disposal distribution box, placing concrete, and installing 8-inch force main.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Brewster Cross Road starting near Main Street and moving toward Route 6A installing gravity sewer and services and replacing existing stormwater drainage.
- Main Line Crew 2: Lots Hollow Road near Finlay Road installing force main sewer, gravity sewer, service tees, and fiber optic conduit. Starting Wednesday March 17th, Crew 2 will begin work on Route 6A near West Road moving east toward Main Street installing gravity sewer and service tees.
- Testing Crew: West Road and Route 6A intersection pressure testing gravity pipe and vacuum testing manholes.
- Subcontractor Crew (Truax, Co.): Old Colony Way, Doane Terrace, Cummings Road, Old Tote Road, and West Road TV inspecting and deflection testing installed pipe.
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.):
- Traffic detours are scheduled for Lots Hollow Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Lots Hollow Road is closed to through traffic, but access to Lots Hollow Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Eldredge Park Way or Finlay Road depending on work-area location. Traffic will be alternating one-way when crews are working on Lots Hollow Road between O’Conner Road and Finlay Road – expect delays entering and exiting the Orleans Transfer Station. Please check with the detail officers located on Lots Hollow Road for best access.
- Traffic detours are scheduled for Brewster Cross Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Brewster Cross Road is closed to through traffic, but access to Brewster Cross Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Main Street or Route 6A depending on work-area location. Please check with the detail officer located at either side of Brewster Cross Road for best access.
- Starting Wednesday March 17th expect traffic delays and detours on Route 6A between West Road and Main Street weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Eastbound traffic will be allowed on Route 6A, however traffic will be slowed to move through the work zone. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Old Colony Way and West Road to connect to Route 6A. Residences and local businesses can be accessed via Eastbound travel on Route 6A. Please check with the detail officers on site for best access. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.