Two-Week Look Ahead Starting March 1, 2021
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, placing concrete for base slab, columns, and walls.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes forming the supported deck of effluent disposal distribution box and placing concrete.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Brewster Cross Road starting near Main Street and moving toward Route 6A installing gravity sewer and services and replacing existing stormwater drainage.
- Main Line Crew 2: Lots Hollow Road near Eldredge Park Way moving south installing force main sewer, gravity sewer, service tees, and fiber optic conduit.
- Testing Crew: West Road and Route 6A intersection pressure testing gravity pipe and vacuum testing manholes.
- Subcontractor Crew (North East Roads, Inc.): West Road and Route 6A installing manhole brick inverts, risers, frames, and covers.
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.):
- Traffic detours are scheduled for Lots Hollow Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Lots Hollow Road is closed to through traffic, but access to Lots Hollow Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Eldredge Park Way or Finlay Road depending on work-area location. Traffic will be alternating one-way when crews are working on Lots Hollow Road between O’Conner Road and Finlay Road – expect delays entering and exiting the Orleans Transfer Station. Please check with the detail officers located on Lots Hollow Road for best access.
- Traffic detours are scheduled for Brewster Cross Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Brewster Cross Road is closed to through traffic, but access to Brewster Cross Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Main Street or Route 6A depending on work-area location. Please check with the detail officer located at either side of Brewster Cross Road for best access.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.