Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, placing concrete for base slab, columns, and walls.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes forming the supported deck of effluent disposal distribution box and placing concrete.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Intersection of Route 6A-West Road-Eldredge Park Way installing force main sewer, gravity sewer, and fiber optic conduit. Work will move down Eldredge Park Way toward Lots Hollow Road starting Monday February 1st.
- Testing Crew: West Road pressure testing gravity pipe and vacuum testing manholes. Resumes February 5th.
- Traffic Delays/Detours: Monday January 25th through Friday January 29th expect an altered traffic pattern at the intersection of Route 6A-West Road- Eldredge Park Way weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be allowed on Route 6A however there will be left-hand turn restrictions to/from West Road and to Eldredge Park Way (no access to Route 6A from Eldredge Park Way). West Road detours and residential/local business access will be routed via Old Colony Way. Eldredge Park Way detours and residential/local business access will be routed via Main Street and Route 28. Please check the detail officers on site for best access. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.