Two-Week Look Ahead Starting January 11, 2021
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes rebar installation, formwork, placing concrete for base lab and walls.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes finishing concrete and forming the supported deck of effluent disposal distribution box.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: West Road between Old Colony Way and Route 6A moving south toward Route 6A installing force main sewer, gravity sewer, service tees, and fiber optic conduit. Work will move to Route 6A and West Road intersection at the end of the week of January 18th.
- Testing Crew: West Road pressure testing gravity pipe and vacuum testing manholes.
- Subcontractor Crew (North East Roads, Inc.): Old Colony Way and Old Tote Road installing manhole brick inverts, risers, frames, and covers.
- Traffic Delays/Detours:
- Traffic detours are scheduled for West Road weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. West Road is closed to through traffic, but access to West Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either Old Colony Way or Route 6A. Please check with the detail officer located at either side of West Road for best access.
- At the end of the week of January 18th expect an altered traffic pattern at the intersection of Route 6A-West Road- Eldredge Park Way weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be allowed on Route 6A however there will be left-hand turn restrictions to/from West Road and to Eldredge Park Way (no access to Route 6A from Eldredge Park Way). West Road detours and residential/local business access will be routed via Old Colony Way. Eldredge Park Way detours and residential/local business access will be routed via Route 28. Please check the detail officers on site for best access. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.