Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes vibro soil compaction and installation of perimeter fencing.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes clearing and grubbing the area and excavation.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: #89 Old Colony Way to #18 Old Colony Way gravity sewer installation
- Main Line Crew 2: Cummings Road and Doane Terrace gravity sewer installation.
- Traffic Delays/Detours: Traffic detours are scheduled for Old Colony Way weekdays from 7AM to 4PM for this two-week period. Parking will be restricted along Old Colony Way during construction. Access to Old Colony Way will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either West Road or Main Street, depending upon where construction is taking place that day. Please check with the detail officer located at either intersection for best access. Access to Cummings Road will be allowed to residents and local businesses. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.