Two-Week Look Ahead Starting November 2, 2020
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes excavation of site.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes clearing and grubbing the area and excavation.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: #89 Old Colony Way to #18 Old Colony Way gravity sewer installation. Beginning work on West Road at intersection of Old Colony Way on November 5th.
- Main Line Crew 2: #89 Old Colony Way to #18 Old Colony Way furnish and install tees and services, furnish and install 6-inch force main, replace 8” water main, and place permanent hot mix asphalt paving. Crew will start gravity sewer installation on Old Tote Road week of November 9th.
- Traffic Delays/Detours: Traffic detours are scheduled for Old Colony Way weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Parking will be restricted along Old Colony Way during construction. Access to Old Colony Way will be allowed to residents and local businesses by either West Road or Main Street, depending upon where construction is taking place that day. Please check with the detail officer located at either intersection for best access. Detours on West Road will begin the week of November 2, 2020. See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage.
Note: The Town of Orleans requires that all construction activities avoid traffic delays to the National/State Election polling locations on Rock Harbor Road on November 3, 2020.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.