Barnstable County is transitioning to the new, state-run vaccine pre-registration system, called Color.
Here’s what you need to know:
In order to get a first-dose vaccine appointment at one of our clinics, you must pre-register through the Mass.gov website. Simply click the link below:
Preregister for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment | Mass.gov
- Once you are pre-registered, the system will alert you via your preferred form of communication (phone, email or text) when there is an opportunity for you to schedule an appointment. Appointments are offered based on eligibility and availability of vaccine.
- We will no longer be posting our clinics on www.maimmunizations.org.
- We are no longer sending emails notifying the public of upcoming clinic dates and specific clinic registration opening times.
- Barnstable County clinics will continue to take place weekly at the Cape Cod Community College gymnasium. The clinics are indoors and wheelchair accessible.
- First dose clinics will not take place every week; some weeks will serve to provide second doses to those who received their initial vaccination at one of our earlier clinics.
Over the coming weeks, vaccine availability at select pharmacy locations is expected to increase substantially.
- If you are able to find an appointment elsewhere while you are waiting to be contacted by the state system (for example, at your local pharmacy or grocery store), there are several clear avenues to opt out. The state system will only notify you regarding appointment openings at publicly run clinics.